Some general requirements to be considered are:
- Tenants are required to have renters insurance during their tenancy with $300,000.00 liability. Please factor that cost/requirement in to your lease considerations. Proof of insurance will be required prior to move in along with renewals during tenancy. Now is the time to look into renters insurance. Remember, your belongings ARE NOT covered unless you purchase this coverage! We recommend your current auto or homeowner’s insurance company as a place to start for this type of insurance.
- You must be locally employed and/or have another verifiable source of income. The rent cannot be more than 40% of your gross monthly income. Your employer may use The Work Number to provide income/employment verification If this is the case the application fee is higher since The Work Number charges us $25.00 to get the verification. Your employer’s human resources department must provide you with your employer code and employee PIN number.
- You cannot have an unlawful detainer (eviction) judgment filed against you.
- You cannot have a drug or violence related felony on your record less than 10 years old.
- You must have good credit. Your accounts must be in good standing and there cannot be any liens.
- The cultivation of medicinal marijuana IS NOT allowed on these properties. United States federal law supersedes California state law in this matter.
- Pet deposits are 1/2 months rent if the home allows pets. We are sorry but for insurance reasons we cannot accept the following breed of dogs: Akita, Bull Mastiff, Bull Terrier, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Sheppard, Pitt Bull, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Terrier, Wolf breeds or any animal with a bite history.
- Have photo ID available for photocopy (or supply a copy) when returning the rental application.
- Any notice we give you or your co-applicant is considered notice to all co-applicants; and any notice from you or your co-applicant is considered notice from all co-applicants.
- Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.
- Processing times depend on how many applications are received for the property you are interested in. Normally you should hear back in 3-5 days. If you have a questions or concerns regarding the application please give us a call at the number above.
Processing fees per applicant when submitting your application:
- $25.00 per applicant
- $40.00 per applicant if employer uses The Work Number to verify income/employment.
- The security deposit is required in full and utilities placed in your name before keys will be issued.